This is a general thread for all your MMD and PMDE related problems, modeled after the VO thread with the same name.
This thread also has the same purpose as its VO counterpart: to keep the place tidy and going.
Feel free to post your technical questions here, but first read these FAQs:
- Where can I get MikuMikuDance? Here The latest DirectX version is recommended
- Where can I get PMD/XE? Here NOTE: I can't direct link the editors here as it's against the creator's wishes and they have a sort of EULA which is available at the page above. Likewise I cannot provide links for English PMDEs as the creator does not fancy hacks and redistribution. The oldest available PMDE is located here
- Where can I get MME? Here
- Why won't MMD work? Chances are that you haven't installed a dependency or two. The MMD download page provided above lists system requirements
- PMDE won't open! Like MMD, PMD/XE has its' set of dependencies. Miku Miku Beat has lists for each currently available version
- MME does not work at all! Try using a different version of MME. If none works, consider upgrading your GPU or use some kind of magic like turning the self shadow off, taking advantage of PMX's per-material shading flags or rendering in Blender (IMPORTANT NOTE: not all model creators approve of external rendering)
- Why can't I make a certain effect load? Either your GPU does not support the techniques used in said effect or your computer is misconfigured. In the later case, the root of the problem is the same as with the "little squeaks glitch" of UTAU: a comma instead of a point as decimal symbol
I will expand this FAQ with more diverse questions ASAP.